Cladtek Holdings Pte Ltd contracted CONSUB to perform a study into the feasibility of a towed pipeline bundle solution for a 5km long encased pipeline bundle system to be installed offshore Western Australia. The main aim of the study was to establish the feasibility of fabricating the pipeline bundle system at a site in Indonesia and installing it by tow to a location offshore Western Australia. A critical aspect of the study was to establish a feasible tow route across the Timor Trench where water depth are in the order of 2000m.
Scope of Services
Scope of work for the towed pipeline bundle feasibility study includes the following:
- Establish pipeline bundle system including cross section, weight and buoyancy requirements, section length, umbilical integration, towhead layout and sizing.
- Review the available fabrication and installation methods and define fabrication site minimum requirements.
- Review the proposed site and field data and infrastructure for suitability of fabrication and installation of the pipeline bundle system.
- Review and assess potential fabrication and launch sites.
- Identify and review potential tow routes and associated survey requirements for installation.
- Identify vessel requirements for launch, tow and installation.
- Identify equipment and personnel requirements for the potential pipeline fabrication and launch sites.
Once a preferred solution was agreed the scope then included the following:
- Describe fabrication and onshore testing method.
- Describe launch, tow and installation method.
- Define key lead times and schedule durations for procurement, fabrication and installation of the pipeline bundle system.
- Develop concept study level cost estimate.