Turk Stream – Pipelines Technical Support Services
The offshore section of the South Stream/TurkStream Project consists of four 32” pipelines, which will transport natural gas from Russia through the Black Sea to Bulgaria. Each pipeline is 900km long with a maximum water depth of 2,250m. The total capacity of the four pipelines is 63BCM/yr.
CONSUB is contracted by INTECSEA to provide FEED and project engineering support services for a series of deep water large diameter pipelines across the Black Sea for their client South Stream BV.
Scope of Services
During the FEED stage CONSUB was responsible for the following activities:
- Permitting technical support
- Micro-tunnelling specification and scope development
- Landfall instrumentation technical support
- Valve package management services – technical assistance in the development and evaluation of specifications and ITT’s.
Landfall facilities package engineering – technical assistance in the development and evaluation of specifications and ITT’s.
During line pipe and buckle arrestor qualification programme CONSUB provided a full inspection team covering three Japanese linepipe mills.
Subsequent to award of EPC contracts, activities include the provision of project engineering support during execution phase for the following:
- Valve procurement
- Landfall facilities design and construction (package management)
- Micro-tunnelling expertise
- Bulgarian permitting technical support