CONSUB provided specialist engineering services to carry out the development of the pipeline integrity management system for the project.
Our decades of experience in all aspects of the project scope enabled us to ensure that the project met the client’s expectations for both time and budget.
The Tortue field is located approximately 120 km offshore from the coast of Senegal and Mauritania, straddling the maritime border in 2,850 m water depth, bp’s deepest subsea development project to date. The subsea system of Phase 1 includes up to 12 wells clustered at two drill centres.
The production system ties back approximately 80 km to a spread moored FPSO positioned at the shelf edge in 100 m to 120 m water depth. The FPSO undertakes gas pre-treatment before exporting the gas 35 km to a nearshore hub and terminal facility where the gas is liquefied and offloaded to LNG carriers.
CONSUB was contracted to provide specialist engineering services to carry out the development of the pipeline integrity management system for the project. Our offering involved:
- Developing an inspection, monitoring and repair plan based on a Risk Based Pipeline Inspection Strategy and Pipeline Risk Assessment (FLRA)
- Defining preliminary plans for baseline inspection, operational monitoring, maintenance and testing, and inspection
- Developing an integrity management strategy for the entire subsea scope
- Delivering PIM through the entire project lifecycle
- Describing the corrosion risks and associated mitigations to CRA pipelines
- Defining a plan for preservation of subsea system materials
- Providing technical support for all ultra-deepwater and nearshore valves
We also provided ad hoc specialist support for package management and engineering for an extensive range of components and systems, ensuring personnel continuity and cost efficiency for the contractor.
CONSUB’s decades of experience in all aspects of the scope enabled us to set up systems efficiently which ensured that the project met the client’s expectations for both time and budget.
We are the only company we know that provides expert specialists on an hourly rate, saving huge costs for our clients. Provision of specialist personnel, as and when required, negated the need for the contractor to commit resources on a long-term basis. This resulted in a 40% time-reduction, which saved money and ensured continuity within the project.